Anime Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graphic designers needed!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nevereth work thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Arcus
Admin
Arcus

Nevereth work thread Empty
PostSubject: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:36 pm

Here will go the work thread for Nevereth, my new original story. First, we'll need to develop a plot, which I'm thinking should involve maybe a few main quests and lots of side quests to keep us occupied.

Title: Legends of Nevereth

Plot: Powerful demon overlord comes to Nevereth and sets up a kingdom of loyal minions, assembling a vast army of powerful demon soldiers and sends his most powerful demon lords to set up their own keeps throughout the world, all while having taken over the far north of Nevereth.

Races: Backgrounds soon.

Humans: A race of evolved apes, the humans are highly intelligent and exceed in the areas of politics and weapon-crafting, coming close with the crafts of dwarves. However, humans are prone to quarreling with each other and are subject to the stereotypes that they are brutish, don't get along with others, and are very greedy creatures.

Elves: The oldest living intelligent race Nevereth. They are race of humanoid creatures strongly attached to tradition and nature. They also live extremely long lives as they age extremely slowly.. Thus, they live in large wooded areas and shun technology. They are friendly to humans to an extent, however, due to humans wanting to use their forests to create their own towns.

Dwarves: The second oldest race on Nevereth. The dwarves mostly keep to themselves and live in vast underground cities powered by advanced technology. They originally taught the humans their technology in order to help them survive on their own.

Ghouls: A race of intelligent creatures that were formed from the original corpses of humans. It is said that they were created by a powerful necromancer who lived long ago. Today, they are generally peaceful, but like humans, are prone to quarreling with each other. Though they were made by humans, they hate humans.

Cities so far:

North Ebbervale

South Ebbervale

Cobbleton(Possible hometown to the story, cause it sounds hometown-y to me)

Continent names(4 continents, 2 subcontinents):

Baldabar

Geordonsia

Taelnora

Vanmassea

(Sub-coninents)

Voldesia

Kavanha

Rules for Nevereth!:

1. No god modding.
If you're in a fight, you can not dodge everything. You are not Neo from the matrix. In the beginning we are all nobodies and we will all grow in power together.

2. You can not one-shot kill everything.
If we're fighting a horde of monsters or a group of highway bandits, you cannot simply say *slices ____ in half and stabs another ____ in the head* You must give the enemies a fair chance of attacking you. Remember, you are not a god, you are a mortal whatever your race will be, thus you will be finite in your capabilities. You can slice off an arm, or stick an arrow in them, but you can't slice them in half.

3. Read the story thoroughly, carefully and with your full attention.
If you were absent from the thread and we took off without you, we will assume that your character has silently followed us on our continued journey so do not ask any of us what happened in the story, we should not have to tell you this. it is always better to read from your last post to the last post in the thread.

4. No powerful equipment at the start.
We may get decent weapons and armor over the course of the story, but at the beginning, you must have common equipment such as chain mail armor or a standard steel sword. It can not be a sword forged in the pits of hell from the strongest metal known to mankind, we should all be equal in opportunity and abilities. no one's stronger than the other. We have no "chosen one" among us. Only the demon lords and the demon overlord himself can be that powerful and have that type of equipment.

5. If the plot feels slow, don't whine, contribute.
I don't want the thread to just simply die because the plot is slow, everyone is welcome to suggest what we can do next in the story so it can stay afloat, but it can not be a quest simply surrounding your character, everyone's the main character so no one should cater to you. if it involves getting equipment, then it will have to wait until we get to a town that has equipment shops.

6. No powerplaying.
You're in charge of your own character and in so agreeing to play in the story, you can not play as anyone else. You can give another player a gift or something of the sort, but you can not dictate what they see, smell, taste, feel, or hear. This also goes for combat as well. You can not dictate what kind of damage the enemy will take in the same post you are making about hitting them. You must wait for the enemy to react.

Last edited by Arcus on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:06 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://funstuffanime.forumotion.com
Razorshell

Razorshell

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:47 pm

Hmm we need races.
Back to top Go down
Arcus
Admin
Arcus

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:48 pm

I suppose we could. I propose the old school Humans, Dwarves and Elves. We can add to that.
Back to top Go down
Razorshell

Razorshell

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:54 pm

Yeah,
Back to top Go down
Churlo
Admin
Churlo

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 10:27 pm

are the Ghouls subject to decomposition?
Back to top Go down
Arcus
Admin
Arcus

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 10:30 pm

Only when they're very old. Give or take like 60-70 years of age.
Back to top Go down
Churlo
Admin
Churlo

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 10:34 pm

at what age do they become ghouls though?
Back to top Go down
Arcus
Admin
Arcus

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:03 pm

It really varies since they were originally created from corpses.
Back to top Go down
Churlo
Admin
Churlo

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:02 am

continent names: Taelnora , Vanmassea , Geordonsia
Back to top Go down
Arcus
Admin
Arcus

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:09 am

OK. Just need two sub-continents and we'll be set for those. Happy day.
Back to top Go down
Churlo
Admin
Churlo

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:11 am

well what do you mean by subcontinents?
Back to top Go down
Arcus
Admin
Arcus

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:21 am

Like how india's a subcontinent of Asia?
Back to top Go down
Churlo
Admin
Churlo

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:23 am

ok

how's Voldesia and Kavanha
Back to top Go down
Arcus
Admin
Arcus

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:36 am

Well that completes the labels of the world. Just need more cities? but that'll happen over time. At least it should.
Back to top Go down
Churlo
Admin
Churlo

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 3:42 pm

yeah. and for animals, you could just go with normal earth animals, and some mythological ones, as befits fantasy worlds
Back to top Go down
Razorshell

Razorshell

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 8:17 pm

Lizard people.
Back to top Go down
Arcus
Admin
Arcus

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 1:44 pm

I was thinking weird animals like spear-beaked birds or what have you.
Back to top Go down
Churlo
Admin
Churlo

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 1:51 pm

spear-beaked birds?
Back to top Go down
Arcus
Admin
Arcus

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Y'know, they'd be these big birds, and when i say big, I really mean like maybe the size of a hawk or something, with long narrow beaks with a sharp point and they dive bomb people and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Churlo
Admin
Churlo

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 1:56 pm

ok cool. What would they be called?
Back to top Go down
Arcus
Admin
Arcus

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 1:57 pm

.....Spear-beaked birds....
Back to top Go down
Churlo
Admin
Churlo

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Spearhawk?
Back to top Go down
Arcus
Admin
Arcus

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Well they're not exactly hawks.
Back to top Go down
Churlo
Admin
Churlo

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 2:07 pm

I'm just trying to make the name faster and easier to say. "Spear-beaked bird" doesn't exactly flow off the tongue
Back to top Go down
Arcus
Admin
Arcus

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Yeah, you're right. I also suggest for some reason, pumpkin golems as some sort of humor monster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nevereth work thread   Nevereth work thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nevereth work thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next