Anime Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graphic designers needed!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Churlo
Admin
Churlo

Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread Empty
PostSubject: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 5:17 pm

setting: space 'n' junk, the future

we need planets names, spaceship designs/names, plots, characters, and a name for this whole thing.

currency: Dinz

Last edited by Einherjar on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Razorshell

Razorshell

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:22 pm

Races: humans. Demons.
Back to top Go down
Churlo
Admin
Churlo

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:12 pm

why demons? shouldn't we have humans n elves and some sort of alien race?
Back to top Go down
Proxzki

Proxzki

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Alright, here we go.

The main theme is Sci-Fi, the secondary theme is Fantasy.

-Mana is considered a universal resource and is essentially the excess energy given off by crystals that can be found deep within planets and some asteroids. We'll have to think of a name for the crystal formation themselves, I propose Arcanum. Mostly because "Arcanium" sounds retarded in the context of a mineral.

-Magic users will be few and far between. Only certain bloodlines will be capable of manipulating the elements and the arcane to their will. There will be factions who seek the destruction of magic users entirely, and those who wish to use them for their own gains, obviously...and of course there are secret organizations whose membership is restricted exclusively to wielders of magic.

-Credits will be the currency, as is typical of the sci-fi genre.

-Planet where that the plot begins on is called...Expritus. Seriously any random name'll work. We don't need planet names, we can make that shit up in the story. Although we probably should make names for major hub planets in advance...

-Call the story...World of Starcraft! lol...Star Lore! Starlight? Uhh....how about about we just make the title "We'll Think of One Later?".
Back to top Go down
Churlo
Admin
Churlo

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:33 pm

how about something other than Credits? it's too overdone.

also, how about Manarak or something with mana in it. I think we should use an ore name with "mana" in it, to better associate the mineral with mana energy, with less confusion.

I like Star Lore, or Starlore or whatever.
Back to top Go down
GodzillaMaster

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:35 pm

The crystals are alive and each large deposite of crystal's grown off of some space creature
Two types of crystals: Sun and Dark. Sun crystals give and enhance light and fire magic while dark crystals give and enhance gravity based magic
Back to top Go down
Arcus
Admin
Arcus

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:35 pm

I like Starlight. Starlight, star bright, won't you be my love tonight? Say it! I want you to say it! SAY IIIIT! *kills the woman* Obligatory Witchblade reference had to be done.

Anyway, I want mecha.
Back to top Go down
https://funstuffanime.forumotion.com
Churlo
Admin
Churlo

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:38 pm

I'm not sure I like the idea of live crystals...
Back to top Go down
GodzillaMaster

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:39 pm

Well they don't have to be alive. Just grown off of some space monster. >.>
Back to top Go down
Arcus
Admin
Arcus

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:40 pm

Anyway, I suppose one plot could be magic users feeling superior to everyone else and on so doing, want to wipe all inferior beings out.
Back to top Go down
Churlo
Admin
Churlo

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:40 pm

like on the underbelly of some huge slug monster?
Back to top Go down
GodzillaMaster

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:42 pm

No, like off the back of some dragon or dinosaur
Back to top Go down
Razorshell

Razorshell

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:42 pm

cyborgs.
Back to top Go down
Churlo
Admin
Churlo

>.> if I were a huge fearsome dragonasaur, I wouldn't take too kindly of little guys scraping shiny stuff of my back....
Back to top Go down
GodzillaMaster

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Exactly
Back to top Go down
Arcus
Admin
Arcus

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Cyborgs can't be their own race. They can kinda be a small population of the existing races. All because they are mechanically augmented people.
Back to top Go down
Churlo
Admin
Churlo

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:45 pm

what? @ GM
Back to top Go down
GodzillaMaster

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:46 pm

They have to be fought if anybody wants to get new crystal, but since they're extremely powerful, most people just wait the week or so for the beast to shed the crystals to grow new ones.
Back to top Go down
Razorshell

Razorshell

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:47 pm

Saurians
Back to top Go down
Churlo
Admin
Churlo

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:47 pm

well if they just shed them, what's the point of mining the crystals?
Back to top Go down
Proxzki

Proxzki

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:48 pm

We'll call the currency Cash-Money! Yeah yeah! I'll raddle off some names we could use for cash.

Shells, Koins, Bergs, Plancs, Qotas, Unis...

And k, Manarak's fine. I think that it should just be possible for Manarak to grow on living organisms, but not be exclusively found that way. Some animals infected with Manarak could have the ability to use wild and uncontrolled magic. Observing this, organizations could attempt experiments on people by implanting them with Manarak, but rather than the implants allowing them to manipulate magic, it does something terrible to them.

I also think magic users would want to wipe out non-magic users...but it'd have to be pretty subtle or manipulative seeing as the amount of magic users in a galaxy would be as low as maybe 500? Maybe less than that even. And I'd guess hat the amount of significantly powerful magic users to average magic users would be something like 0.5 to 5. Of course, we can inflate these numbers...
Back to top Go down
GodzillaMaster

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:48 pm

Crystals that are mined while still attached to the beast's back are more powerful than the ones that fell off and were mined later on
Back to top Go down
Arcus
Admin
Arcus

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Well we could take the beasts down with fleets of mecha pilots.
Back to top Go down
Churlo
Admin
Churlo

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:51 pm

I like prox's manarak idea. I think we should go with that

also, we should come up with a new currency. how bout...Dinz..."oi, you owe me three hundred dinz!"
Back to top Go down
Proxzki

Proxzki

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:52 pm

Yeah, sure Dinz. The name really isn't too important. Dinz it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread   Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starlight(Lore reboot) Storyboard thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next